Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Teasing Teachers: Interview

Hey everyone! Last Friday, my sixth grade Social Studies teacher, Mr. Brooks, asked me if I was going to an interview (???), so I typed up a fake newspaper article from the fictional New Dork Times. (Get it? Haha! I made a funny.) I'm going to past copies up around his classroom tomorrow. Just for fun.

...................................................


THE NEW DORK TIMES


Interview with Sydney Herndon
13-YEAR-OLD writing prodigy, Sydney Herndon, was interviewed last Friday about what it is like to be an author. The teen was asked about her current work, and she responded by saying, “I spend a lot of time on my books. I am writing two presently, and they are both novels. When you work really hard on some-thing, it sort of becomes like a child to you; you get overprotective. I have been known to push everything else aside to work on my books.” The interviewer asked where she gets the inspiration for her manuscripts. “I get hundreds of ideas for books in a single week. It’s the really good ones I write down, and if I really like the notion, I just keep it in my head and work on it there.” When asked if she could give us some bits from her existing novels, Herndon says, “I’m afraid not. I want the second book to be a surprise altogether, and the first one, too, though not quite as surprising as the second. But I can give a vague summary of the first book, Made of Silver.”

And then I attatched the Made of Silver summary--which you can read farther down the page if you haven't already--and a little picture of my head. This one in fact:

Tada!

Oh, yeah, I can't believe I forgot to tell you this...wait...what was I going to tell you...I know it was something...something important........
I MADE IT!!!!!!!! I'm in Dinner Theatre! I'm one of FOURTEEN people who made it! I MADE IT! I MADE IT! I MAAAAAADE IIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So come see me perform. And that's an order! Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Syndey, I so wish I could come see you!!!! I know you will be awesome. You are awesome, no dobt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sydney! We're so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete