Saturday, July 3, 2010

YAY!

I just had one of the most amazing weeks of my life. I don't know that I've ever been anywhere better than EFY. I went not really knowing what to expect. I wasn't extremely excited about it; I'd just heard from people that they enjoyed it and happened upon the opportunity to go. (Well, technically, it was Mom.)

The whole experience blew my mind away. Not only is it so strange and incredible to see so many LDS teenagers gathered together, but the fact that I felt almost overwhelmed by the Spirit was more than I could have possibly prepared myself for. The teachers we had were so wonderful, and I made some great friends. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Great news reached me while I was there. I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO FWAFA! It only made me even happier when I found out.

I had some awesome counselors. Even some of the ones that weren't part of my company learned my name and talked with me. Everyone there was so nice. I'm going to miss the people I met and the way you feel all the time when in such a beautiful environment. My friends and fellow company members--which, by the way, was named Song of the Heart, from D&C 25:12, though I suggested Song of the Righteous instead--discovered my interests in writing and theatre. They all encouraged me and congratulated me on my success in getting into the Academy. Two boys--Chris and Preston--even planned out my future. Apparently I will own the Sydney Opera House and write plays to star in when I grow up. Ha. I hope that others can have the wonderful experience I had.

I have a few funny stories I might post about my EFY week later. But for now, au revoir.

1 comment: